Table Lamp Shades
Quality table lamp shades, from traditional to ultra-modern and through every colour from cream to deep reds and even black. For a small outlay you can transform the appearance of your bedroom, hallway, dining or living room. We’ve a huge range to choose from to give your table lamp a new lease of life with a shade. All available to buy online with our 100% satisfaction guarantee and FREE delivery on orders of £75 and over.
Showing 1–48 of 305 results
Filter by Price
Tips for Choosing Your Table Lamp Shade
Always look at the base and shade as one item and pair the two accordingly. The height and shape of the base will guide you as to the best shape and size. Is the base short and broad or tall and spindly? It is plain or decorative? Is it fitted with a slide switch, pull chain or is it switched on and off from the socket? There are some very loose rules of thumb when selecting shade shapes and sizes:
- The shade height should equal around 75% of the base height.
- The width of the shade should be around the same height as the base to the lamp holder.
- The shade should always be slightly wider than the fitted base.
- The shade should be low enough to cover the lamp holder.
- The shade should not be so low that it impedes access to any switch.
- If you are considering two slightly different sized shades for your table lamp, it’s usually better to select the slightly larger one.
- Select a shape that matches the base, square for square, drum for circular for example.
Circular drum and rounded edge table lamp shades are more popular, but flat sided shades have the advantage that they can be positioned against a wall. This can be very useful where space is at a premium in a small alcove or narrow hallway for example. There are so many options that you can always find something to complement and enhance the look of your room.
Finally, how much light do you need? If you are looking for ambient light or you want to use the table lamp for reading, then go for a translucent shade fitted to a tall base. If you are looking for accent lighting, with pools of light illuminating the ceiling and bouncing back into the room, then a more opaque lamp shade will be just the job.