Online shopping has exploded in the recent past and new types of businesses have been created to capitalise from it.
Online Only Business
These exist online only and are usually run from a small industrial unit from which they ship your purchase. They employ few or no staff, your call will not be answered and they communicate by email only.
Drop Shipping Business
In most cases, a drop shipping company won’t have any premises. They take your order online and place it with the manufacturer who ships your purchase to you directly. They employ few or no staff and larger drop shipping companies use a customer service agency to answer queries.
Why We’re Different
- Universal Lighting Services are family owned and run lighting specialists. We have been supplying every type of light and light fitting since 1970 and during this time have amassed a lifetime of expansive knowledge and experience.
- We are able to supply every light fitting available in the UK and Europe to you and also supply every commercial luminaire available to specifiers, the building industry, factories and offices.
- We own and operate a purpose-built showroom, with offices and a large warehouse storage facility to the rear, in Priory Street, Birkenhead, CH41 5JH. We employ our own showroom and customer service experts, warehouse and packing staff.
- We are a real living wage employer and accredited with The Living Wage Foundation. All employees at Universal Lighting Services are paid at least the real living wage. This is an investment in our people based on our ethics and values. We believe that a team with good pay rates and excellent working conditions go the extra yard to provide you with a great customer service experience.
Outstanding Customer Care
- Our customers are important to and appreciated by us. We treat everyone as an individual and use your name in all communications with you. We will not use office or industry speak but explain everything to you in plain language that is easy to understand. We have and always will retain the human element. We choose not to use fully automated systems as we value our personal contact with you.
- We understand the power of the word yes and say yes to requests whenever possible. If it is not something we are able to achieve, we will explain fully the reason why it cannot be done. It is not enough that it is ‘against company policy’ there should be a good practical reason why the request cannot be complied with.
- Universal Lighting staff will always do what they say they will do and let you know when it has been completed.
- We recognise that there are many online lighting shops, so why choose us? We never take your custom for granted and always provide a level of service that we would expect ourselves. Take a look at our independent reviews from reviews.co.uk and read what our customers say about us.
- Our dedicated, friendly and efficient team offer professional lighting advice and are always happy to answer any questions you may have, either by telephone on 0151 650 2138, using the contact us form or by visiting our showroom. We take great pride in our customer relations and offer a service second to none.
- We have formally documented what you can expect from us and how staff will deal with you at all times. A copy of this document entitled what every customer can expect from us can be downloaded by following the link.
Just because you make a purchase online doesn’t mean you deserve anything less than if you had walked into a showroom and why should you? Not all online retailers have the same choice, quality for money or personal service that we at Universal Lighting provide daily.
We can be contacted over the telephone during working hours and you can speak with an expert employed by us and committed to providing you with the service you expect and deserve. You can visit our showroom and view a selection of our products or browse our website at your leisure. Whatever you decide, you will receive the same level of dedication and customer care from our outstanding team who look forward to serving you.